Please, please, do this.

Specializing is more important than ever, in fact, McGeorge is now for the first time introducing first years to an array of legal specializations. What does it mean to specialize? For starters, it means thinking about what areas of law peak your interest. The State Bar of California has special sections for lawyers to enroll in. These sections are specialization within the State Bar.

Sections include:

• Antitrust Law
  • Business Law
  • Intellectual Property
  • Labor & Employment Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Taxation
  • Trusts & Estates
Membership into just one of these sections costs $75. However, law students are allowed to sign up for three sections a year for FREE. Yes, you heard correctly – FREE! The cool part about being a member of a section is that it allows you to stay up to date with current legal issues that you would otherwise not know about. Each section will send you four journals a year, and emails that outline important legal changes in that specific field. These are the same journals that attorneys use. As a third year, I highly recommend taking advantage of this this FREE opportunity.
Because you are on the McGeorge Business & Tax Law Blog, I can assume that you are either interested in business or tax, or both. Thus, I would highly recommend subscribing to the Law and Taxation sections – they are awesome.
How do you sign up?
I’ve created a special form just for McGeorge students. All you have to do is download it, fill it out, and send it in!

About Taylor

I'm a third year law student at University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law. I have a passion for business and tax. I'm a research assistant for Professor Manolakas - and own an internet company, Jotwol. I also work for an estate planning attorney in Fresno.

Subscribe

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.