Swiss Alps, Yodeling optional

I took a weekend trip to Lauterbrunnen, Interlaken, and Bern. Interlaken is the place to be for adrenaline junkies. Depending on your budget, you can go hang gliding, paragliding, canyoning (water tunnels in caves that they push you through), kayaking, white water rafting, and sky diving. There’s also a bunch of free things to do. The area is beautiful. You can spend hours hiking up and down the alps.

I bought a half-fare pass, which gave me half off all my train and tram tickets. It was really helpful and paid for itself in one trip. The scenery from the train.

The first hostel we stayed at was in Lauterbrunnen. It is a valley known for having 17 waterfalls. We hiked for 2 hours and I counted only 15. This is the view from our hostel.

We hiked to a cave that had seven stories. It was a glacial cave, meaning all the waterfalls were glaciers melts. It got colder the further we went into the mountain. I’m the orangish-redish glow in the picture below.

We spent the next day in Interlaken hiking, biking, and kayaking.

One our hike, we came across this man fishing. He wanted me to take a picture of him with his fish.

We traded in the nature in Interlaken for the architecture in Bern.

About Yen

Hello! I am a third year law student. This summer I am interning at International Bridges to Justice, a legal non-profit in Geneva. In the Fall, I will be interning for Judge Pocar at the ICTY in The Hague.

,

26 Responses to Swiss Alps, Yodeling optional